In just a few years of competition, Maharishi School has established a high degree of excellence in interscholastic athletics. Maharishi School students compete in basketball, tennis, track, and golf. Their achievements include the following:
School year 2003- 2004
The boys golf team were runners up in the state championship.
In Girls Volleyball Maharishi School won first place in the Western Division Southeast Iowa Super Conference. Four of the girls were named First Team All Conference in their division. One of the girls on the team was named All District, which means
she was one of 15 girls chosen in volleyball for the state of Iowa. She was also named Honorable Mention All State.
The girls basketball team won the district championships.
Alumnus Zac Silverman, was voted "1st Team All Conference" in the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) Division One All-Region XI squad.
The boys tennis team won the district championship.
The girls tennis team went to state for the first time ever and finished 3rd in the State, as well as sending two doubles teams and one singles player for state individual competition.
The Iowa High School Golf Coaches Association has honored Ed Hipp with Coach of the Year for 2003 for the State of Iowa.
School year 2001- 2002
The boy's varsity basketball team went 17-7 for the season and was runner-up in the district playoffs.
The girl's varsity basketball and volleyball teams had their best years ever. The Girl's volleyball team won the first round of the district playoff. Mary Carter, the girl's coach was named Coach of the Year by the Golden Triangle News Service.
In boys golf, a Maharishi senior finished third individually in the state golf meet. The girls also made it to the state competition finishing 13th individually. Both boys and girls golf teams placed first in the Super Conference with undefeated
records. Both teams also won Sectionals. The boy's team qualified for state where they finished third.
In tennis, after having won 14 state titles since 1991, the Maharishi School Pioneers finally accomplished their first undefeated season in both boys and girls tennis. The boys won the state team title and a Maharishi School senior won the boys
state singles title. The doubles teams finished second and fourth in the state. For the girls, a senior won the Class 1A state singles championship and the girls team won Districts. With their 16 state championships overall since 1991 the boys team
are tied for the most in Iowa history.
For the first time in school history the girls track team qualified to compete at the Girls State Track and Field meet.
At the Destination ImagiNation regional competition, all fourteen of Maharishi School teams advanced to state. Four teams won at the state level and qualified to compete at the Global Finals. This year Maharishi School represented almost one-third
of the teams for the state. At the world competition Maharishi School teams won two places, 5th in the secondary structure challenge and 6th in the middle vehicle challenge.
Maharishi School made Iowa tennis history by completing back-to-back Triple Crown sweeps, winning the singles, doubles, and team boys state tennis titles in two consecutive seasons. A Maharishi School sophomore won third place in the girls State
Our Boys Varsity Basketball team had the best season in our School¹s history. They finished the season with a record of 23-2. The team was ranked 5th in the state in Class 2A and won both their conference (12-0) and the district championship.
In track and field a Maharishi School student won the 800 meters at state setting a new Class 1-A record.
Maharishi School girls varsity volleyball team won the prestigious Danville volleyball tournament.
Maharishi School became the first tennis team ever to complete back-to-back Triple Crown sweeps, winning singles, doubles, and team titles in two consecutive seasons. This has never been done by any other school in Iowa.
Third place in the Girls State Tennis Tournament.
In track and field a Maharishi School senior won the 800-meter race, set a new Class 1-A State record, and improved his personal best time by 4.70 seconds.
For only the second time in the 70 year history of Iowa high school tennis, won the celebrated Triple Crown by winning first place in State Class 1-A titles in singles, doubles and team competitions.
In boys tennis our team placed second in the state for the second year in a row.
- A Maharishi Upper School student won the Class 1-A state singles tennis title for the third year in a row. This is the first time this has been achieved for 43 years.
- Two Upper School students won the State Championship Class 1-A tennis doubles.
- State runners-up Class 1-A team tennis.
- An Upper School student won the Class 1-A state singles tennis title for the second year in a row.
- A Maharishi School student was featured in Sports Illustrated’s “Faces in the Crowd” section for winning 52 straight matches en route to two consecutive state singles titles.
- State champions Class 1-A team golf.
- Class 1-A individual golf runner-up.
- An Upper School student won the Class 1-A state singles tennis title, and received the 1995 Prep Illustrated’s Iowa Class 1-A Player of the Year award.
- An Upper School student won the Class 1-A state individual golf champion.
- Maharishi School golf team were 1-A state runners-up.
- A Middle School student won the district tennis singles championship and placed fourth in the Class 1-A state singles tournament.
- A Middle School student placed first in the 400-meter and long jump at the Iowa Junior Olympics, setting a state record for 11-12 year-olds in the 400-meter.
- The Maharishi School golf team finished third in the state golf championship.
- Maharishi School’s first state qualifier for girls cross-country running was also the School’s first All-Conference athlete in the Southeast Iowa Super Conference.
- For the third consecutive year, Maharishi School basketball fans were rated number one in sportsmanship in the state by the State of Iowa High School Sports Association certified referees.
- Maharishi School was awarded the Sportsmanship, Ethics, and Integrity Award by the Iowa High School Athletics Association.
- A Maharishi School tennis coach received the United States Professional Tennis Association’s l993 Coach of the Year award for the Missouri Valley division. This award is given annually to the most deserving high school or college tennis coach chosen
from the five-state Missouri Valley division.
- Two Maharishi School students won the State Championship Class 1-A tennis doubles.
- For the second year in a row, Maharishi School basketball fans were rated number one in sportsmanship in the state by the State of Iowa High School Sports Association certified referees.
- The Maharishi School boys tennis team finished second in the 1992 state tournament in class 1-A play. Two students came in first in doubles.
- Maharishi School basketball fans were rated number one in sportsmanship in the state by the State of Iowa High School Sports Association certified referees.
- The boys tennis team became the first sports team in Maharishi School history to win a state championship, garnering the class 1-A title. An Upper School student also won the first individual sports championship in school history in the singles
division, while two other Upper School students finished as state runner-up in Class 1-A doubles competition.
- A Maharishi Upper School student won the district singles championship, and finished fourth in the state singles tournament.