Maharishi School Pioneer Boys Golf
Maharishi School Boys Golf Tournament Report
152-155 307 Maharishi School Champion
159-158 317 Mason City Newman Runner-up
163-159 322 Sumner
163-174 337 IMs
173-170 343 Wapsie Valley
179-167 346 Tripoli
180-175 355 Don Bosco
178-179 357 Walnut Ridge Academy
* This is a prestigious tournament that had three teams that went to State last year: Sumner, Mason City Newman, and Maharishi School.
* Sumner is the defending Class 1A State Champion. In fact, they have won the State title for the last three years.
* The Pioneers placed all six players in the top twelve.
* Gates Park is a challenging, eighteen hole, tree lined, parkland course with a par of 36-36 72. Weather was ideal.
* Last year, in 2003, the order of finish was Sumner 1st, Mason City Newman 2nd, and Maharishi School 3rd.
* The Pioneers got off to a fast start with two birdies on the first hole and three birdies on the second hole. Danny Steinberg contributed two of those birdies, going two under for his first two holes. The Pioneers had a total of ten birdies for the eighteen holes, and only one double bogey.
Individual Top Twelve
35-37 72 Buhr Wapsie Valley
37-36 73 Krueger Sumner
38-36 74 Hochstetler IMS
37-38 75 Carlisle Maharishi
38-37 75 Alex Sumner
39-36 75 Burgemeier Mason City Newman
37-39 76 Juskewycz Maharishi
39-38 77 Doerfler Mason City Newman
40-38 78 Mullenneaux Maharishi
38-40 78 Rudney Maharishi
39-39 78 D. Steinberg Maharishi
40-40 80 A. Steinberg Maharishi
37-38 75 Will Carlisle, Senior
37-39 76 Nick Juskewycz, Freshman
40-38 78 Mani Mullenneaux, Senior
38-40 78 Dylan Rudney, Senior
39-39 78 Danny Steinberg, Sophomore
40-40 80 Aaron Steinberg, Senior
* The Pioneers next match is a triangular at Valley Oaks GC in Clinton on Monday, May 10.
|[Close the Window ]|