Maharishi School Pioneer Boys Golf
Super Conference Tournament Report
Sheaffer GC, Fort Madison
Monday, May 3, 2004
* The Super Conference sponsors two forms of golf competition for its member schools: the regular season dual meet championship and the post season tournament championship. Also, Super Conference golf is split into two divisions: nine schools in the small school division and eight schools in the large school division.
For the dual season championship, teams play only the other teams in their division for a division title. In the post season tournament, teams from both divisions play on the same course so that division winners and an overall winner can be recognized.
In addition to the team competition, players also post their scores in the tournament for an individual competition. In the team competition, the top four scores from the six players on a team are counted.
* The Pioneers won the small school division regular season dual meet championship with an undefeated 7-0 record.
* The Pioneers won the small school division tournament with a score of 328 for a five stroke margin over second place Marquette.
* The Pioneers placed runner-up in the conference overall tournament championship, two strokes behind large school division and overall champion Van Buren's 326 and five strokes ahead of overall third place Marquette.
* All six Pioneers earned All Conference honors. Will Carlisle and Aaron Steinberg, shot 81 to tie for fourth in the division and place All Conference First Team. Nick Juskewycz and Danny Steinberg shot 83 to tie for tenth in the division and place All Conference Second Team. Mani Mullenneaux's 85 and Dylan Rudney's 87 earned them All Conference Honorable Mention.
* The Pioneers dual meet record included a school record score of 141 at Walton against Marquette on April 15. The Pioneers average score for their seven dual meets was 158 and their average victory margin was 27 strokes.
* Will Carlisle is the leading scorer for the Pioneers, averaging in the thirties for nine holes.
* The Pioneers have seventeen players, their biggest team ever. They have four seniors who have played varsity golf for four years. And a large class of committed sophomores. Nick Juskewycz is a talented freshman coming in just in time.
* The Pioneers have been to State two years in a row. A successful season will be measured in terms of continuing that streak.
* The Pioneers have now concluded their Super Conference season. Their next tournament is the Walnut Ridge Invitational in Waterloo on Saturday, May 8 featuring a field of several teams from last years State finals including defending State Champion Sumner.
Small School Division
328 Maharishi School Division Champ and Conference Runner-up
333 Marquette Division Runner-up and Conference Third
372 New London
387 Lone Tree
Large School Division
326 Van Buren Division and Conference Champ
340 Notre Dame
341 Columbus Junction
342 Central Lee
391 Louisa & Muscatine
Small School Top Five -- First Team All Conference
38-38 76 Evan Honts Winfield Division Champ and
42-37 79 Drew Hochstetler IMS
42-38 80 Chris Long Stritch
43-38 81 Will Carlisle Maharishi
42-39 81 Aaron Steinberg Maharishi
39-42 81 Jason Huffman Aquinas
Large School Top Five -- First Team All Conference
74 Rutt Columbus Junction
76 Reynolds Waco
79 Ohde Wapello
80 Marshall Wapello
80 Boley Van Buren
43-38 81 Will Carlisle
42-39 81 Aaron Steinberg
45-38 83 Nick Juskewycz
40-43 83 Danny Steinberg
40-45 85 Mani Mullenneaux
40-47 87 Dylan Rudney
|[Close the Window ]|