|In just a few years of competition, Maharishi School has established a high degree of excellence in interscholastic athletics. Maharishi School students compete in basketball, tennis, track, and golf. Their achievements include the following:
Maharishi School made Iowa tennis history by completing back-to-back Triple
Crown sweeps, winning the singles, doubles, and team boys state tennis titles in
two consecutive seasons. A Maharishi School sophomore won third place in the
girls State Tennis Tournament.
Our Boys Varsity Basketball team had the best season in our Schoolıs history.
They finished the season with a record of 23-2. The team was ranked 5th in the
state in Class 2A and won both their conference (12-0) and the district
In track and field a Maharishi School student won the 800 meters at state
setting a new Class 1-A record.
Maharishi School girls varsity volleyball team won the prestigious Danville
- Maharishi School became the first tennis team ever to complete back-to-back Triple Crown sweeps, winning singles, doubles, and team titles in two consecutive seasons. This has never been done by any other school in Iowa.
- Third place in the Girls State Tennis Tournament.
- In track and field a Maharishi School senior won the 800-meter race, set a new Class 1-A State record, and improved his personal best time by 4.70 seconds.
- For only the second time in the 70 year history of Iowa high school tennis, won the celebrated Triple Crown by winning first place in State Class 1-A titles in singles, doubles and team competitions.
- In boys tennis our team placed second in the state for the second year in a row.
- A Maharishi Upper School student won the Class 1-A state singles tennis title for the third year in a row. This is the first time this has been achieved for 43 years.
- Two Upper School students won the State Championship Class 1-A tennis doubles.
- State runners-up Class 1-A team tennis.
- An Upper School student won the Class 1-A state singles tennis title for the second year in a row.
- A Maharishi School student was featured in Sports Illustrateds Faces in the Crowd section for winning 52 straight matches en route to two consecutive state singles titles.
- State champions Class 1-A team golf.
- Class 1-A individual golf runner-up.
- An Upper School student won the Class 1-A state singles tennis title, and received the 1995 Prep Illustrateds Iowa Class 1-A Player of the Year award.
- An Upper School student won the Class 1-A state individual golf champion.
- Maharishi School golf team were 1-A state runners-up.
- A Middle School student won the district tennis singles championship and placed fourth in the Class 1-A state singles tournament.
- A Middle School student placed first in the 400-meter and long jump at the Iowa Junior Olympics, setting a state record for 11-12 year-olds in the 400-meter.
- The Maharishi School golf team finished third in the state golf championship.
- Maharishi Schools first state qualifier for girls cross-country running was also the Schools first All-Conference athlete in the Southeast Iowa Super Conference.
- For the third consecutive year, Maharishi School basketball fans were rated number one in sportsmanship in the state by the State of Iowa High School Sports Association certified referees.
- Maharishi School was awarded the Sportsmanship, Ethics, and Integrity Award by the Iowa High School Athletics Association.
- A Maharishi School tennis coach received the United States Professional Tennis Associations l993 Coach of the Year award for the Missouri Valley division. This award is given annually to the most deserving high school or college tennis coach chosen from the five-state Missouri Valley division.
- Two Maharishi School students won the State Championship Class 1-A tennis doubles.
- For the second year in a row, Maharishi School basketball fans were rated number one in sportsmanship in the state by the State of Iowa High School Sports Association certified referees.
- The Maharishi School boys tennis team finished second in the 1992 state tournament in class 1-A play. Two students came in first in doubles.
- Maharishi School basketball fans were rated number one in sportsmanship in the state by the State of Iowa High School Sports Association certified referees.
- The boys tennis team became the first sports team in Maharishi School history to win a state championship, garnering the class 1-A title. An Upper School student also won the first individual sports championship in school history in the singles division, while two other Upper School students finished as state runner-up in Class 1-A doubles competition.
- A Maharishi Upper School student won the district singles championship, and finished fourth in the state singles tournament.